CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

2.20.2009

...to be a mother

Joy in my journey today is the answer to the question that was asked of Ashlyn on an all about me poster that she is turning in for her birthday for school.

When I grow up I would like to be...

I want to be a mom.

just had to take a picture.  love these moments.

my two great girls.

I love the book by Pres. Hinckley, One Bright Shining Hope.  There are so many beautiful quotes from him over the years.  I would like to share this one today.

"Let me say to you sisters that you do not hold a second place in our Father's plan for the eternal happiness and well-being of His children.  You are an absolutely essential part of the plan.  Each of you is a daughter of God, endowed with divine birthright.  You need no defense of that position."

I love being a mother.  I love my children.  I pray that my girls will learn good things from me as I strive to do as Heavenly Father would have me do as a mother.  I pray that my boys will understand the divine roll of a mother and women, become great missionaries, husbands and fathers like their dad.

This is my joy in my journey today!



1 comment:

Liz said...

I love that!

Those are the same posters my girls fill out every year for student of the week here.