CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

9.11.2008

Painting the Great Wall

My friend Vicki risked her life for me all in the name of getting my front entryway painted.  It is very high up and I tried going up the ladder but about halfway up I panicked. She so bravely took over while I held the ladder.  THANKS VICKI...sure love ya!!
We had to get creative to paint this one little corner.  What a brave lady!
I went down to my "goodwill" in the basement and pulled out some "old things" and made them new again.  

A frame from black to white.
This was the ceiling tiles that were inside the frame above.  

From white to rust orange.  (I always forget to take the before and after so I caught myself near the end)
We chose a gold color for the wall.  
About 5 years ago I went to the Flea Market in Nashville and bought this ladder looking thing.  I had know idea what I was going to do with it, but knew someday I would figure it out.  So until now it has been in the "goodwill".  I added a few frames and hooks to hold it on the wall.  I love it.  
This letter "a" was also in the goodwill.  It was gold so I spray painted it black.  The shadow box frame has been around for about 5 years as well.  I got it from Hobby Lobby (my favorite store) I had left the price tag on the back.  The retail price was $49 but the clearance price that I got it for was $9.99.  I spray painted it black added my favorite daisy flowers (I always have different colors of daisy flowers in the goodwill), a family picture and there you have it.  
Last but certainly not least, a collage of pictures of Christ.  (sorry for the glare)  I had a 12x12 picture frame and 5x7 pictures of Christ.  I mounted them and then added strips of brown scrapbook paper to cover up the edges of the pictures.  Now, I must admit the plaque that is underneath was bought from Hobby Lobby the day after we painted.  

All in all, I am glad I have a "goodwill" in my basement.  It is fun to refurbish things from old to new.  

6 comments:

The Loesevitz Family - said...

You are so crafty! I wish I was that creative. You will have to come help me decorate when we buy a house next spring!

The Wach Family said...

I can't even believe the things you come up with! Amazing lady.

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

Lots fun "new" "old" things! Way to go! That's the best way!
I think Vicki must have been smelling that paint a little while to get her up on that ladder! That's mighty high up there! You've got a good friend there, that's for sure! :)

Steve and Lisa said...

Oh so cute. I love the color. It is almost as good as mine. Keep trying.

Funny, I am helping Lisa set up her blog so I forced her to write these things.

Liz said...

Love, love, love it! Good job! Are you high on paint fumes now?

~ Wiles ~ said...

I love it! You're so creative. And way to go Vicki!!! Great job!