CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

11.03.2008

Life Can Be Simple

Okay, who would have ever thought that you could make homemade peanut butter cookies with 4 ingredients.  I saw an ad for the new Paula Deen Cooking with kids cookbook (which I will have to get!!) and in the ad it gave the recipe for the peanut butter cookies.  SIMPLE!! and good.   I was skeptical, so I had to try it.

1 Large egg
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
30 chocolate Hershey's Kisses

Heat oven to 350.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

In a mixer bowl beat together egg, peanut butter and sugar until a dough forms.  Shape the dough into small balls and place 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into the middle of each cookie.  Transfer cookies to a rack and cool.

Seriously, I love simple cooking.  5 or less ingredients is what I like!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

looks so yummy!

The Fears said...

I will have to try those cookies

Stephanie said...

Those look yummy! I am all for simple cooking. We love peanut butter so this is a must try for us. Thanks for the recipe!

Bill and Freddie Ann said...

Those look so yummy and they are a favorite at our house! I will have to try them! It's so easy! I actually borrowed the recipe and posted it on our blog so our girls would find it too! Thanks! :)