CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.02.2008

My first tutorial

I love this earring organizer. It has been so fun to have to see my millions of earrrings at a glance, so I thought I would share.  I feel like it is the one thing in my life I can keep very organized :) It is very easy to do, so here it goes...

Choose any frame that you may have lying around.  It can be any kind of frame and any size that you want.  Anything can be spray painted so go town.
turn over and measure the inside of the frame plus a little - 
At Lowes, I bought a roll of the material that you use in your screen windows.  It is pretty cheap but it comes in a big roll so if you have friends you can share with that would be awesome, then you won't have all of this left over screen stuff.  Although, I love my goodwill in my basement and things come in handy quite often.  
Hopefully you have a handy dandy staple gun.  Staple the mesh screen on the inside of the frame.
pull tight.  It helps if your mesh screen is a little bigger so that you can have something to pull it tight.  (does that make sense??)
Take dark fabric and measure the back of the frame and staple gun the fabric down - pull tight - I use dark fabric because it really helps to show off the earrings when hanging.  
close up of frame - 
Now decorate - ribbons, flowers, beads - whatever you have - whatever you like - 
And there you have it - a very useful craft - 


I used ribbon to make a hanger for the back.  

Happy crafting - 
Miralyn

4 comments:

msfears said...

Super Cute!

Heather said...

Thanks so much for sharing! It's way cute. We thought of you when we were at the bead fair this weekend, missed you.

Annie said...

I can't wait to try this. You made it look so cute!

Tara Fears said...

SO CUTE! I'm glad you share your crafty ideas...cause I have none.