CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

8.13.2008

First Day of School...or should I say freedom?!?!


My two girls on their way.  They were bright eyed this morning and couldn't wait to wear their clothes and use their backpacks.
Connor, my big 4th grader.  
Adams and the Cottons

8th GRADE.  Wow.  

Ashlyn just had to get a little ride in this morning before she went off to school.  

Putting aside all of the teasing about partying now that I have all four kids in school, it was bittersweet putting my little Ashlyn on the bus.  A sure mixture of happy, proud, sad and definately a lonely feeling thinking of not having her around.  She has been my little buddy, my girl, my baby and I love her so much as well as the other children.  They really are precious to Brian and I and we are very proud of them.  

Well, I am off to clean my house.  It desperately needs a little tlc this morning.
 

3 comments:

msfears said...

Oh, that's so happy and sad all at the same time! So what are you doing right now? Relaxing?

Tara Fears said...

I can't believe kids are already going back to school! There is still way too much summer left to enjoy! (Sure am glad I'M not going back to school!) Nice Blog Miralyn! I'm glad you jumped on the bloggin' train! Now we can keep better tabs on your family! :)

The Fears said...

You do have one up on everybody, having ALL your children in school now. What great days you will be having all to yourself!! I love the pictures. How do they like riding the bus? Is the school far away or close by?